Québec-Ocean's mission also involves transferring the knowledge acquired through research to society. There are many ways to do this, such as:
- partnerships or contracts with government departments, municipal services, private companies, or non-profit organizations, in the form of:
- Consultancy, joint research projects, sample collection
- Analytical services (link to Resources > Analytical Services)
- equipment loans or rentals (link to Resources > Equipment)
- exchange days or workshops where expertise and needs are crossed
- outreach activities, where researchers inform the general public of the latest advances in oceanographic research.